As a community united in faith and trust, St Helena's Catholic Primary School provides a nurturing environment where our children contribute to the development of the kind of world envisaged by Jesus by living the ideal of doing Something Beautiful for God.
We aim for us all, as learners, to:
- feel safe and valued as part of a caring community that celebrates success.
- be independent thinkers / learners who are able to seek solutions creatively and co-operatively.
- inspire an 'enquiring' mind and ask questions.
- be confident enough to take risks in our learning.
- experience and actively participate in a relevant, enjoyable curriculum that evolves to meet the needs of all.
- be able to listen and articulate responses showing consideration to others.
- be polite and courteous.
- be proactive in our responsibilities towards the community, society, the environment and economy, linking 'real life' with our learning.
- understand and respect diversity.
- be aware of and recognise our own learning needs and be involved in planning future steps.
- develop a sense of self esteem: be well balanced and healthy individuals.